18 July 2010

Sorry for not keeping up on this blog recently. But I have not been traveling anywhere and if you haven't been able to tell I spend most of my time on the trains writing up my blog.
And it is official, I have obtained what some call home sickness. It all started after my friends from block one left. The idea that they were going home to their friends and families made me miss mine and want to be back home with them. On top of that I am obtained an actual sickness. I have some type of virus and I got some decongestant to help me out, but the doctor told me that I just have to wait for it to pass.
Wow seriously it was July 4th on my last entry, 16 days.. Sorry again folks. Well in these past 16 days I have attended a farewell party for the block one people. This was a Ceilidh (Pronounced Kay-lee). It is all traditional Scottish dances with traditional Scottish music.. As man of you know, I can't dance. But this is the simple type of dances that people can still do when they have been drinking. At one point 2 guys and 2 girls huddle together and the guys lift the girls off the ground and spin until the girls are almost horizontal.

Sadly I forgot my memory card for this event, so I am stealing other people's photos off facebook.
Oh and it isn't a Ceilidh if you don't leave with bruises.

Then a ton of people left and we got some new people. Blah Blah Blah.... THEN IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!!
Before anyone asks, no I didn't have anything to drink on my birthday. I was kinda in the dumps about the homesickness thing and all, but it was a good birthday in the end. I woke up, worked out, went to class, then we went to The Med. The service was terrible, but they gave us an extra 20% off because it was so bad. I did get a cake in the end... Cadbury Chocolate Cake..mmmmm...

Then I got covered in silly string.
And that's my birthday in a nutshell.
The next day though something tragic happened.. I noticed a baby bunny sitting in the grass then a seagull comes down and picks up the baby bunny, probably planning to eat it. Then it drops the bunny from about 10ft off the ground. The bunny didn't move at first then it got up and tried hopping away. Its left front leg seemed injured so it didn't stand a chance against the seagull. So I went and stood over the bunny until it could hop somewhere where it could hide. The bunny didn't pick a good place at all because it was far away from any of the other bunnies so it would get attacked as soon as it left. So eventually I got it to come out, then it let me pet it, so I decided to pick it up and carry it back to its family. Isn't it adorable.


I really hope it is still alive.
Later in the week we went to Glasgow again. A couple of us decided to go to the Glasgow Science Center. It is pretty much a place where you get to play with all the different aspects of science. Like finding out how things are seen with thermal vision, how electro magnets work, random physics experiments, seeing how a smoker's lung compares to a normal person's lung, and different ways light travels. It was actually really fun, but this is probably my favorite picture from that whole place.


Nothing too exciting has happened since then. I am going to see Inception tonight at a local movie theatre. I will have plenty more to talk about around the middle of next week.
Once again sorry about not keeping you all up to date as often.
-Ryan Robert Nicholls

P.S. Here is just a random picture since I have been here. This is The Elephant House in Edinburgh. It is where J. K. Rowling wrote much of Harry Potter.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, bud! It sounds absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete