09 June 2010

2 Days Left?

I am terrible at figuring out how many days are left until something. I never know if I should count today or not. Nevertheless, today is Wednesday and I leave on Friday. The only bummer currently is that there is a storm coming in on Friday, which may delay my flight from Chicago to Newark. That means I will probably miss my flight from Newark to Edinburgh, and the next flight out isn't until the next day. I talked to the ISS (International Summer School) Coordinator on Facebook about this. He told me not to worry and that there may be a lot of students having the same problem. If this does occur, I will get a free taxi ride from the airport to the University Stirling because I would miss the coach bus. So it looks like everything is going to work out.

Just a little insert, I will be in Scotland from June 12th through August 7th.

I hope this blog keeps everyone back home up to date. I will try to post on it often enough so that people don't think I am dead or something. I will be on Facebook too, so if people want to stay in contact with me there that is fine too. Sadly there is a 6 hour time difference. Yes that means when I am in Scotland I will be 6 hours
IN THE FUTURE! So when I am waking up around 9 am or so, it will be 3 am back home. This means Skpe-ing people will be difficult, but I will make it work for a select few. Yes Alie that means you. Well I am off to pack now.

Oh yes and my address if anyone would like to send me anything is:

Ryan Nicholls
c/o International Summer School
International & Study Abroad Office (Pathfoot C3)
University of Stirling
FK9 4LA
Stirling
Scotland, UK

It takes a while for post to travel that far, so send things about 2 weeks before I should be getting them.

That is all the news I have for now.

Cya Anon,
Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan this is your Aunty G. Hope you are having a great time in Scotland. Since you enjoyed the Haggis so much I thought I would show you the receipe - YUM!!!

    HAGGIS INGREDIENTS



    1 sheep's stomach cleaned and thoroughly, scalded, turned inside out and soaked overnight in cold salted water.
    heart and lungs of one lamb
    1lb/450g beef or lamb
    2 large onions, finely chopped
    8oz/225g oatmeal
    1 tbsp salt
    1 tsp ground black freshly ground pepper
    1 tsp ground dried coriander
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    Enough water to cook the haggis
    stock from lungs


    Method



    Wash the lungs, heart and liver.

    Place in large pan of cold water with the meat trimmings and bring to the boil.

    Cook for about 2 hours.

    When cooked, strain off the stock and set the stock aside.

    Mince the lungs, heart and trimmings.

    Put the minced mixture in a bowl and add the finely chopped onions, oatmeal and seasoning.

    Mix well and add enough stock to moisten the mixture.

    Spoon the mixture into the sheep's stomach, so it's just over half full.

    Sew up the stomach with strong thread and prick a couple of times so it doesn't explode while cooking.

    Put the haggis in a pan of boiling water (enough to cover it) and cook for 2 - 3 hours without a lid.

    Keep adding more water to keep it covered.

    Serve according to the tradition above then open the haggis and spoon out the filling.

    Serve with and tatties (mashed potatoes) and neeps (mashed swede or turnip).

    ReplyDelete